Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Summer Celebrations!

We just got back from a wonderful week on Cape Cod!  And, before I post about the fun we had, I wanted to share the special birthdays we celebrated this summer.

For starters, birthday's are BIG in the Nicholas Leone household.  Between me, Nick, Isabella & Massi we turn one year older across the span of July, August & September.  Which means, we celebrate each other all summer long and eat lots of cake!

We kicked off the celebrations with Daddee!  Can you believe he only turned 30? :)  I have to say my husband does a phenominal job at aging and I've already surpassed him with wrinkles and high blood pressure (I'll blame that on Google!).  We had a low-key celebration at our house, followed by a romantic dinner.  Nick's biggest birthday gift was earning the #1 spot in NJ for Men's Tennis!!


Isabella was next, and we went big!  I mean our princess was turning ONE!  Although she had no idea what was going on, we spent the afternoon with our favorite people and everyone showered our girl with love.  Some of her favorite gifts were a pink kitchen from Juju & Papa, Stella McCartney sneaks from the Cornell's and her purple plush "Isabella" chair from her Jeanne & Brooke!


Mamma Leone was just a week later!  I must say, as much as I love parties, a beach get-away beats any backyard bbq.  With my parents in tow, we made our way down the Jersey Parkway to a quaint little town, Spring Lake.  The weather was perfect and my birthday dinner was everything I could ask for!   My favorite birthday surprise -- an Elliptical!  I have no excuse to not workout now...


3 was a big birthday for Massimo, as this year is filled with new milestones such as pre-school, potty training, alphabets and more!  We celebrated with a small family gathering, which included a cake of Massi playing the drums.  The big adventure was a train ride to the pancake house in Ridgewood (a total of 9 minutes on the train!).  His eyes were full of amazement!  




Cheers to a another great year full of health, love & happiness!

XO

No comments: